Friday, April 10, 2020 2:43:36 AM

Tried playing on pad, here's my feedback

one year ago
#94 Quote
- Couldn't bind center button on my pad to center, because it was some weird thing like "joy1 down1", despite it binding and functioning just fine in StepMania. It's a PDP pad, and if you need exact details on what the input is that wouldn't bind, I can check and let you know.

- Couldn't bind start/enter button to the button on my pad

- Couldn't set options using pad

- Couldn't select songs using pad

Outside of that, I'm pretty disappointed in RH overall. This feels much more like an alpha than a beta, because there are so many important features that do not exist yet. There's a lot of good concepts here, but this release feels overly rushed and mislabeled. It seems like the kind of game that in 2 years it'll either be just as bad as it is now, or amazing. Regardless, I've lost interest for the foreseeable future. In the blunt words of my friend, "This is awful".

tl;dr: game doesn't support pad, lacks features
one year ago
#95 Quote
There's plenty of people who have successfully connected their PDP or Cobalt Flux pad to work with RH. I'm sure you can troubleshoot this issue.
one year ago
#96 Quote
Kind of curious what you think are important missing features. Putting a list together would be more useful than vague complaints. It already has more than pretty much any other dance game lol
one year ago
#97 Quote
RemixSSBM wrote:
- Couldn't bind center button on my pad to center, because it was some weird thing like "joy1 down1", despite it binding and functioning just fine in StepMania. It's a PDP pad, and if you need exact details on what the input is that wouldn't bind, I can check and let you know.

You can install a program called JoyToKey which can fix this issue. With this, I mapped only my center button to a rarely used keyboard key, which can then be mapped normally in Rhythm Horizon. I have been playing for weeks using this setup and everything is working great.

RemixSSBM wrote:
- Couldn't bind start/enter button to the button on my pad

- Couldn't set options using pad

- Couldn't select songs using pad

If you want to be able to select and play songs using the pad, you can also fix this with JoyToKey by mapping the start/select buttons to Enter/Esc and the left/right arrows to left and right arrow keys on your keyboard. Other functions can be mapped accordingly.

Keep in mind though that the interface in Rhythm Horizon is designed to be navigated by mouse and keyboard, and sometimes the mouse really comes in handy. I personally prefer not to accidentally scroll through music and stuff by standing on the pad.